> Competition: Andy Bates Cook Book - WitWitWoo

Competition: Andy Bates Cook Book

One of my (many) guilty pleasures is watching the Food Network Channel.  Late at night.  Whilst eating white chocolate in bed.

Living the dream people.  Living the dream.

Anyway, there’s a new cook book that’s coming out that I’m way too excited about.  (Yes, I should get out more,)  I’m a real fan of street food (no, we’re not talking the burger van outside your local nightclub,) and I think Andy is a bit of a food genius.  And hot.  (Did I say that out loud?)   Here’s some blurb about who he is, and what he does:

Street Food – American Style!

Andy Bates (AKA Pie Man) is renowned for his hearty, traditional British street food which he sells from his stall at Whitecross Street Market in London. Following a successful first series of Andy Bates Street Feasts on Food Network in 2011 he has also now become a leading authority on street food. His new series, Andy Bates American Street Feasts, follows Andy on a street food odyssey across the U.S. visiting the most vibrant food destinations and discovering the stories behind the recipes.

The 15 episodes in this new series, on-air weekdays until 26th October, see Andy meeting entrepreneurs and customers from some of the most developed and diverse street food scenes around the world from New York to Philadelphia, New Orleans, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Portland to name a few – sampling the best in classic hot dogs, ultimate burgers, mouth-watering ceviche and southern fried quail.

Andy Bates American Street Feasts is aired every weekday at 12.30pm and 6.30pm on Food Network (Sky 262, Freeview 48 and freesat 403)

Check out the Andy Bates American Street Feasts collection here: http://www.foodnetwork.co.uk/streetfeastsusa

Additionally, Andy Bates has his first cookbook launching 31st October and is available from WH Smith, Waterstones, Amazon and all independent book shops throughout the UK.

Anyway, I have one of Andy Bates cook books to give away to one lucky person.  All you need to do, is leave a comment below telling me what your favourite food is.  Just because I’m nosey really.

Comp ends in 1 week on October 30th at 6 pm. Winner picked at random.

Over 18′s only please, UK residents only and 1 entry per person. No cash alternative blah blah.  Good luck!

*Winner drawn at random.

Congratulations Michelle!  Your book is on its way!  Thanks to everyone who entered.

Related posts:

12 Comments

1. My favourite food is Key Lime Pie from Key West

2. I have so many favourites, varying largely by season of the year.

If I had to narrow it down to just one at this time of the year, it’d probably be Tagliatelle Al’Alfredo (i.e. as done at Alfredo’s joint in Rome!) with a crisp side salad, and washed down with a nice Chianti (or was that Hannibal Lecter’s favourite tipple?)

3. Treacle tart, although I’m really not that fussy :)

4. Ah I’m going to be so predictive and possibly boring but you cannot beat a bug slither of delicious, rich chocolate cake Mmm

5. Chicken….cooked any way, with almost anything!

6. Vegetable calzone- could it eat it several times a week!

7. Chocolate and cherries :)

@caro_mad

8. Mmmmmm he can come cook in my kitchen anyday, he’s a bit yummy!

Oh yeah fave food, um I don’t think I have one favourite, I like food, all food (cept fish, or anything that comes out the sea, blech) You can tell this from my gorgeous svelte figure ;)

If i Had to pick ONE thing it would have to be schnitzels with new potatoes and green bean salad. Which is technically 3 things, but hey, I’m greedy :D

9. Jesus Mary and Joseph would you look at that pie he’s holding. THAT is my favourite food. I don’t even care what’s in it. Sweet, savoury, a weird mixture like ‘Bacon Jam’ (I am going to have to make it, just to see if it would hold a crust).

Seriously, favourite food – blackened chicken. The only food I’m supposed to burn. Chicken breasts rubbed with cayenne, paprika, onion powder, blah, blah (I don’t do recipe from memory) and a smidgeon of blah. Oil in a pan, and burn it. Until it’s cooked.

10. Got quite a few guilty pleasures such as treacle tart and other calorific desserts. However if we’re choosing normal food I think you can’t go wrong with a homemade cheeseburger (just watched ANdy Bates making his ultimate cheeseburger) which made me remember how great a flavoursome, juicy beef burger with melted cheese, simple seasoning and onion rings on the side is pure perfection – yum!

Submit a Comment